So I have joined Ann Voskamp in her quest (which she has far surpassed already) to find 1000 gifts from God. I must say that I have been off to a slow start and need to keep my eyes and heart much more open to the daily gifts that I receive from my Daddy. Every Monday I will be posting my gifts. Enjoy!
- Noah's dirty hands
- 2nd grade girl coming out to play for recess arms spread wide, head held back slowly swaying back and forth feeling the air's breath on her face
- Noah laying on the couch groggy with sleep, toy pressed against his face and he presses the top and it pops, he smiles lazily
- the first smile of the morning
- pen's that write in pink!
- A Bible that once was plain to me, now I use frequently, the Word is magnificent no matter what form it takes!
- a prayer saying thanks for my food that melts my lips and I realize how loving and patient He is. My heart grows for Him.
- A beautiful rose wrapped in delightful tissue paper
- An unexpected surprise-Dennis getting Noah up a few minutes early. His hair wild and he is still mostly asleep, head hanging, eyes closed. He looked so big and cuddly.
- Arriving to daycare and school safely after a white knuckled drive in the snow
- smells that take you back. It's not always a specific memory, it just takes me back.
- Noah eating snow for the first time
- a long written conversation with Jesus
- when He answers my questions
- Our bed, fluffy comforter and all
- A sunny day after so much winter
P.S. I am terribly aware that I have been absent from my blog...which is typical for me but I do not want to fall into that routine again. I will be posting more regularly now (Lord willing!), I am expecting to share tomorrow a powerful conversation that I had today with Jesus. Stay tuned!