"The LORD is good to those whose hope is in Him, to the one who seeks Him;" Lamentations 3:25

Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Time is about Him

I missed the first day of the Not About Me challenge, so I am going to do two posts in one day to catch up.  So consider this Day 2 of the challenge.

I am learning very quickly that time is His.  God has His own timing that we do not understand.  I was tempted to write "God's timing is always perfect, and God is always on time." But I felt the conviction that my faith and actions reveal that I don't truly believe that.  There are times that I try to muster up the faith to live as if God is not late, that He is not lollygagging. But when I live and believe it is all about me....it is hard.  But even though I do not see His work behind the scenes or see His time sheet and schedule, I feel so strongly that the time has not yet come. And I trust that. I am learning to trust Him.  I am not fully there yet, there is a lot of baggage and mistrust that I don't even know why I have with God, but for whatever reason it is there.  But even so, something so strongly in me resounds and agrees, God's timing is perfect.  Even if I may not have seen it yet in my marriage and the crisis therein, my spirit can't help but shout He is perfect, and He knows best, and His timing is perfect.  It is not about me, or what I think should happen at what time.  It is about His perfect will, and in His infinite wisdom, He knows the timing, He knows when certain things are to take place and how.  It's a lot to grasp and so many questions rise in me. But I feel like I can truly know, time is about Him.

3 comments:

  1. What a heartfelt and honest post about what God is teaching you! I'm raising support to do full time ministry and I have to remind myself all the time that it's not like God is sitting up in heaven and all of a sudden goes "Oh! I forgot about Angi..." He knows what He is doing.

    Glad you linked up with Laura! Can't wait to see what else you write!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Angi. I do feel sometimes like God all of a sudden goes "Oh! I forgot about Sara..." It's a trust issue that I really didn't even know I had until recently going through this trial. It's so easy to assume that we would never question God or think anything but the best about Him. It's a shock to realize that I really don't trust Him 100% of the time. But it's something we are working on and I know He will see me through and it will be a lesson well learned : )

    ReplyDelete